Just a little note:

I'm just setting this up! More to come soon!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Protos Project Information

Key Points and Features:

  • Lynxmotion 2” Track based platform with off road capabilities.
  • Remotely operated via WiFi.
  • PicoITX system
  • Logitech Orbit QuickCam MP
  • Phidgets HV Motor Controller (Looking for a possible replacement)
  • Arduino Duemilanove
  • Pan and Tilt base (Arduino controlled)
  • EZ-0 Sonar Module (Arduino controlled)
  • Custom Designed Chassis 1/8” Acrylic (Laser cut by Pololu.com)

Future Upgrades:

  • 3 Sonar modules
  • 4 IR distance sensors
  • GPS (I’m sketchy on these if I’m only going to get 25ft accuracy it seems useless for navigation)
  • Axon Microcontroller (Seriously contemplating this one, more on this below)
  • I have a 2 phase upgrade plan for the pan and tilt to add guns (Airsoft) and rockets (micro)
  • Weather resistance improvements and I mean that in the “most” effective manor, not “PROOF”

About the project:

  • Protos is my attempt at getting an ROV to use outdoors, that really was my main goal, Throw on top of that Controllable via X-Box 360 controller (Windows USB version), Wifi remote control and pan and tilt camera and there you have it.
  • More to come soon! I may get lucky and get my chassis parts tomorrow (a day ahead of schedule! most on this once I get to inspect the cargo!).

No comments:

Post a Comment