Just a little note:

I'm just setting this up! More to come soon!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Disappointment...

Well I wsaz playing around the other day and it seems that I have somehow burned out one of my motors :( this is a bit of a surprise honestly but never the less not something totally unexpected considering my work habits and work ethic :D

I have also managed to crack the "base" right by one of the "L" brackets but that is my fault again for man handling it when I picked it up, I accidentally slipped and lost grip on one side, distorting the shape and causing the fracture. It will still suffice for prototyping and will be re-done with 1/4" plexi soon. If it becomes an issue before I'm ready to have the final design cut I have one of my original 1/4" base plates I can use.

So all that has kind of put me off working on the Chassis for a while. Since I am a little irk'd I've been working on the code and concepts for the navigation system.

Currently I have an Arduino hooked up on my test bench with a Maxbotix Ultrasonic range sensor. Having not really understood (or payed attention is what is really boils down to) I bought an EZ-0 which has a HUGE beam width and as such is really only going to be good for unidirectional ranging, I was originally trying a "radar" sweeping approach, but with such a wide beam width its unneccesary. I will be replacing that unit with an EZ-3 and mount the EZ-0 facing forward with no sweep, Using the EZ-3.

Thats is for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment