Just a little note:

I'm just setting this up! More to come soon!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Chassis woes!

Well I had a bad night last night. As I was going to do some test installation before taking photos and really documenting the build process I ran across 2 problems :(

  • First the new chassis is about 1/8th" thinner.
    I had to go get new screws this morning no big deal just an inconvience.
  • Second the battery "holder" section of the tread sections was machined incorrectly.
    NOT Pololu's fault it was my design flaw) so I'll need to drill new holes for that.
I have a feeling in a couple of months I'll be ordering a new chassis from Pololu, I'll probably increase the width an inch or so and may look at adding a deck to raise the Turret system and make room for the electronics beneath it.

I keep forgetting to pickup my camera at my mom's place, I'll try to pick it up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment